The Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics in Frankfurt am Main investigates the cognitive, af-fective, neural, and socio-cultural foundations of aesthetic perceptions and judgments.
We are seeking a
Specialist in Study Design and Statistics (m/f/d)
- Participation in study design (experimental design, random sampling, power analyses and sample sizes, drafting of questionnaires, etc.)
- Data analysis of empirical studies on aesthetics
- Candidates are encouraged to also pursue research projects of their own
- Ph.D. in psychology, statistics, or comparable field
- Excellent knowledge of empirical methods and study design as well as of descriptive and inferen-tial statistics, especially in General Linear Model methods, multivariate methods (Structural Equa-tion Modelling, etc.), multi-level analyses, Bayesian statistics and estimation methods, robust nonparametric estimation methods, and exploratory methods/ data mining
- Expertise in using various types of statistical software (e.g., R, Mplus, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, WinBUGS, etc.)
- Expertise in data documentation
- Very good command of English and more than basic command of German
- Good communication skills as needed for cooperating with researchers from various departments of the MPIEA
What we offer:
- An exciting and varied field of activity in a leading research institute at the interface of art, human-ities, and natural sciences
- An international and interdisciplinary working environment in Frankfurt's West End with a pleasant, family-friendly working atmosphere and modern technical equipment
Depending on qualifications and professional experience, remuneration is based on Germany's collective wage agreement for public service (TVöD Bund). In addition, social benefits are granted according to the regulations for the public service. This is a permanent position with an open-ended contract.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity. We have also set ourselves the goal of employing more severely disabled people. We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please send your application electronically as a single PDF file (of no more than 25 MB) that includes your cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of degrees and letters of reference, as well as any other rele-vant documents, no later than December 3, 2020 to:
Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics