The Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics reserves the right to document some events (e.g. Growing Up in Academia) by making photographs and audiovisual recordings for promotional and archival purposes. By attending the event, participants agree to the use and storage of such data by the Institute as follows:
Data Processing and Use
Photographs and audiovisual recordings made by the Institute of its events constitute documentation of the work of the Institute and may be stored and used for any or all of the following purposes:
- Processing of the material (recording, editing, and archiving) by the Institute;
- Publication in printed materials of the Institute and the Max Planck Society, e.g., brochures, research report;
- Publication on the Internet on the websites of the Institute and the Society;
- Publication on social media platforms of the Institute and the Society, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram;
- Disclosure to third parties for the purposes of promotion and publicity of the Institute and the Society.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
Your consent serves as the legal basis for the processing of this data: for employees in accordance with § 26, para. 2 Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG); for all other persons in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
Data Erasure and Duration of Storage
Photographs and audiovisual recordings are stored in an image archive for the documentation of the Institute’s history. The data will be retained until and unless consent to its processing is withdrawn.
Contact Details of the Controller
Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer
Heidi Schuster, Hofgartenstraße 8, D–80539 Munich Phone: +49 (89) 2108-1554, email@example.com
Rights of the Data Subject
- Information (Article 15 GDPR)
- Rectification (Article 16 GDPR)
- Erasure (Article 17 para. 1 GDPR)
- Restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR)
- Data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
- Objection to processing (Article 21 GDPR)
- Withdrawal of consent (Article 7 para. 3 GDPR)
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR). For the MPG, this is BayLDA (Bavarian Data Protection Authority), Postfach 1349, 91504 Ansbach.
The undersigned declares their consent to the use of the photographic and/or audiovisual recording of their person for the purposes described above. Any use of the recorded material for purposes other than those described above is not permitted.
This consent is voluntary. I do not derive any rights (e.g., remuneration) from my consent to publication. This consent can be withdrawn at any time with effect for the future. In the event of withdrawal, the audiovisual material will be removed from the platform concerned. If the material was made available on the Internet, it will be removed by the Institute to the extent possible; in the case of printed matter, it will be removed from future print runs.