Do You Hear That?
We are looking for participants for a new study on the neurological basis of hearing. In this study, we will work together to discover how rhythms in our brains are synchronized with rhythms in sounds and how non-invasive brain stimulation can affect hearing. You will be asked to listen to rhythmic sounds and identify the presence or differences between stimuli.
This study is divided into two testing appointments. Your first session will last about 3.5 hours. The second session will take place at least 2 days later and will last about 3.5 hours. We would like to apply transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS) to your brain to explore how humans hear or move when they listen to auditory rhythms. tACS is a passive, non-invasive device that applies low-intensity electrical current to the brain through electrodes on the scalp. There are no known or anticipated significant risks or discomforts associated with participating in this study. You will also learn more about tACS and its application.
You will receive an expense allowance of 7 € per half hour or part thereof (about 42–56€ per session). The allowance will be paid to you in cash.
- You are between 18 and 45 years old
- Intact hearing
- No neurological diseases, e.g. migraine or epilepsy - no epilepsy disease in the family
- No current psychological or psychiatric diagnosis, e.g. depression, schizophrenia or similar
- No use of psychotropic drugs
- No regular or recent use of drugs
- No consumption of alcohol 24 hours before the study and no regular excessive alcohol consumption
- No previous serious head injury that has led to loss of consciousness and required further examinations, no past or planned head surgery
- No pacemaker or brain stimulator
- No non-removable metal (e.g. retainers, vascular clips, cochlear implants, metal splinters)
- No skin diseases on the scalp (e.g. psoriasis)
- For women: there must be no pregnancy
- You can understand instructions in English
For questions, more information and to make an appointment, send us an email to: email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you.