Do-re-mi DNA: The biological bases of music
We are pleased to announce an interdisciplinary two-day event on the biological bases of music on January 19–20. This is the fifth socialBRIDGES e-conference hosted by the University der Bundeswehr Munich and this time co-organized by the MPI for Empirical Aesthetics. The event will focus on two key themes:
Universal features of musical systems and behavior and measurable biological correlates
Functions and uses of music, advantages and costs of music making
Please find more information on the program here.
You can expect a great line-up of talks, keynotes, a virtual poster room, and a virtual space for participants and guests to socially interact during coffee breaks, as we would do during real events.
Submissions of posters are still open until January 17, 2022. Please find more information here. No registration is required.
- Merle Fairhurst, Universität der Bundeswehr Munich, Germany
- Peter E. Keller, Center for Music and the Brain, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Sonja A. Kotz, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- Daniela Sammler, MPI for Empirical Aesthetics, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Olga Lantukhova, Universität der Bundeswehr Munich, Germany