The Jacoby Research Group is looking for a lab manager to assist with behavioral experiments and data collection. The purpose of the experiments is to characterize listeners from a variety of cultural and geographical backgrounds.
The successful applicant holds a BSc. in a relevant discipline, e.g., computer science, psychology, or neuroscience and possesses the following skills and experience:
- Command of Matlab for experiment analysis and design.
- Extensive knowledge regarding statistics/experimental methods.
- Excellent spoken and written English and scientific writing skills.
- Fluent German (spoken, reading, and writing).
- Applicants with extensive programming experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
The position is especially suited for an applicant who would like to obtain experience and publications ahead of pursuing graduate studies in neuroscience or psychology. Candidates at other levels (MA / Phd / Postdoc) with similar skills and interests are welcome to contact the Jacoby Research Group as well; pay grade will be determined according to experience.
Please submit a detailed CV, a summary of research interests and experience, 1 examples of programing projects, 1 writing sample, and the names of two references as a single pdf to Nori Jacoby (firstname.lastname@example.org). The position is available until filled. Start date is negotiable.