The Jacoby Research Group is looking for a team member specializing in the analysis of corpus data. The successful applicant will use machine learning to investigate latent structures in musical performance, works, and improvisation, and to assist in a data analysis project that includes symbolic data, performance data recorded from sensors, motion capture, video and multitrack audio processing.
The successful applicant holds a PhD in a relevant discipline, e.g., computer science, psychology or neuroscience. Experience with scientific writing is essential, as are the following skills:
- Matlab for signal processing.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning with specific emphasis on GANs and variational autoencoders and their application in vision/audition.
- Experience with large datasets containing video and audio.
- Applicants with prior experience in the analysis of motion capture data, audio engineering, video editing, and developing applications for mobile/tablet are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates at other levels (MA / Postdoc) with similar skills and interests are welcome to contact the Jacoby Research Group as well; pay grade will be determined according to experience.
Please submit a detailed CV, a summary of research interests and experience, 2 writing samples, and the names of two references as a single pdf to Nori Jacoby (firstname.lastname@example.org). The position is available until filled. Start date is negotiable.