Project: "Characterizing the Geometry of Perceptual Biases using Massive Online Experiments in Audition and Vision"
The Jacoby Research Group is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to conduct massive online characterizing perceptual biases in audition and vision. We are using a novel interactive paradigm based on Markov Chain Monte Carlo with People (Sanborn & Griffiths 2008), together with classical psychophysics and production based paradigms adapted to the online environment. The applicant will lead developing new experiments implementing both frontend (js) and backend (python) using the Dallinger platform for laboratory automation for the behavioral and social sciences (http://dallinger.readthedocs.io/) and using common web development.
The successful applicant holds a PhD in a relevant discipline, e.g., computer science, psychology or neuroscience, is able conduct independent research program, and possesses the following skills and experience:
- Command of the usage of Matlab for experiment analysis and design.
- Command of backend developing with python+flask.
- Command of front-end programing with js.
- Experience with implementing experiments on Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- Applicants with experience in deploying apps with Heroku or similar cloud based platform, developing applications for mobile/tablet, machine learning, signal processing are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent academic writing skills.
Candidates at other levels (MA / Phd) with similar skills and interests are welcome to contact the Jacoby Research Group as well; pay grade will be determined according to experience.
Please submit a detailed CV, a summary of research interests and experience, two writing samples, and names of two references, including the PhD advisor, as a single pdf to Nori Jacoby (firstname.lastname@example.org). The position is available until filled. Start date is negotiable.